Friday, April 24, 2009

The View From Below

I have the best job in the world! We just got in more Dogwoods; Pink and Cherokee Princess. I was out yesterday tagging them with our store tags and grading tape and daydreaming when I looked up.
This is what I saw:
It absolutely took my breath away!

This is the Cherokee Princess flower close-up, you can see the tiny yellow flowers blooming in the middle of the bracts.


And here are a couple more photos of the new trees that came in from our fields:

This is the view while standing on the root ball of Pacific Sunset Maple




One thing I had never really noticed before is the flower of the Pacific Sunset. I think they must be the showiest Maple flowers I have ever seen (next to Boxelder), and now that the leaves are out, they have the perfect background.

No comments:

Post a Comment